Wiper problem

I have a 98 SC2 that has developed an either an electrical problem or maybe just a bad switch. The steering column stalk will not turn the wipers on in any of the positions from intermittent to fast, however, the wipers do come on when misting the windshield or pulling the stalk down for a single wipe. Am I to believe that maybe the switch is bad on the stalk.....and presumably the entire stalk has to be replaced? Any idea on labor time to replace this if in deed this is the problem? Thanx! :)

Reply to
Larry

to replace the wiper switch my labor guide tells me .80 hours for a high labor rate and .40 for a low labor rate..

Reply to
Joe Biadasz

Thank you for that information, Joe.

Reply to
Larry

I suspect the stalk must be replaced. All the electronics for the wiper delay, etc, are in that stalk.

Reply to
Dan Hicks