Latest threads in Saturn Cars Forumshow only best voted threads

Subject Author Posted Replies

1995 SL1 ENGINE BREAKS UP @4000RPM
CHANGED PLUGS GOT BETTER CHANGED WIRES STILL THERE
1
1

1999 SL2 rear brakes
Hello, I have an '99 SL2 and need to replace the rear brakes (I've already replaced the front disc brakes). I have seen a rear drum brake model in a classroom setting and have a spring tool, but I...
5
5

Noise from front driver's side wheel or tire when braking...
A few weeks ago my '99 SL2 started making a disturbing noise. When I am braking to stop, I'm getting a noise that from what I can tell seems to be coming from the front driver's side wheel or tire. It...
2
2

Oil
On my '96 Saturn with 187,000 miles, which uses a slight amount of oil...but runs perfectly........ is it OK to use 10W-40 motor oil? I was figuring with all the miles and wear on the motor....the...
3
3

SPS spark plug wires and Bosch Platinum +4
I installed SPS performance spark plug wires and Bosch Platinum +4 plugs about 20K miles ago. Everything seems to be working fine, but I realized recently that I never checked whether or not the plugs...
10
10

Sheesh what happened to Saturn?
So I went to buy a new Saturn. Based on my previous experience with Saturn I was expecting a pleasant, straight forward, purchasing experience. You know, all the things I used to associate with...
19
19

'96 SW2 sticky footfeed - but only when running?
Hi all, I have a '96 SW2 wagon that has developed a funny sort of sticky accelerator pedal - it has to be sort of 'pushed loose' each time (there's a quiet 'thump') and this makes every takeoff a...
1
1

Noise from the front
98 SL1. 175,000km. I have a noise coming from the front. It sounds almost like I'm driving along beside a Honda with a fart can muffler. The noise gets louder and changes tone as the car goes faster....
7
7

'Nuther roof rack question...'03 vue
'03 Vue has a factory roof rack. Can I remove the plain screws and move the attach points to the most fore and aft holes or is there structure missing? I want to carry a long aluminum ladder and it...

96 SC2 oil pressure problem
A friend has a 96 SC2 with 168,000 miles on it. Up to this point, the car has had very few problems. She has owned it since new and kept up with oil/filter changes. However, 2 days ago, the oil light...
3
3

97 SC2 needs full throttle to start
I have a 97 Saturn SC2. After running the car, if you shut it off and try to start it again within 10 minutes, it will not start unless I floor the gas pedal? It starts fine if its cold. Also, the...
2
2

Question About Buying Parts
Will most dealers sell parts to a customer without them installing them?.i'm trying to save some $$$.
13
13

sometimes it starts sometimes it wont
My wifes '03 ion does the same thing it starts fine usually then when its cold it wont start until after we wait 10 -15 mins. Had battery replaced with no change. Same thing w/sevice vehicle message....
3
3

2000 SL1 Broken wires
Well, I think I deserved this: previously I owned another GM rust bucket (1982 Century), and aside from the usual issues it had, the most annoying one was wires (that is, electrical wires) that tended...
6
6

Replacing heater core on lw300
I darn near choked when I saw a puddle of coolant on the passenger side floor. Having replaced heater cores on other vehicles, I know that usually the entire dashboard gets removed. I was pleasantly...