58 Phawk Seat Information Needed

I'm in the process of having the seats to my '58 Packard Hawk reupholstered. What I need now is, the foam rubber pads, that are underneath the seat cover itself.

Is there any outlet, or aftermarket company, that reproduces, or sells these pads?

If anyone can help me with this dilemma, I would greatly appreciate it.

Reply to
hogoiler

John Poulos

Be sure to send us some pix after they are done. Are you going with leather in the original style? Is your upholsterer providing the material? How much is it all going to cost you? What is your location? Inquiring minds want to know.

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400" 58 Commander sedan for sale
Reply to
Barry

Ditto - take some photos and show us what you do. I would also like to know. Any good upholstery shop can make the foam. MikeW

Mike Williams

git yoself big block of foam. using a lectric turkey carvin nife, cut away everthang what dont look like a 19and58 packard hawk seat bun.

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Welcome to the newsgroup Hogoiler. I checked you out on ebay (you are in Texas) and saw that you really are building a Packard Hawk. You got a hell-of-a-deal on that front pan. Also, are you currently nursing your new baby or are about to have one? Boy or Girl?

Reply to
Jerry Forrester

Thanks for the seat foam information. Mike, I'll send pictures when it's complete. You've got the car on your list. I guess that electric turkey knife is a key tool for all. Cheers

Reply to
hogoiler

Reply to
Barry

Hogoiler, Glad to see you found your way on to the NG. You will find these guys are a wealth of information. Some of it is even car related! MikeW

Mike Williams

Yes, I'm in Victoria, Texas. New girl 3 weeks ago. "DOC" is doing body, paint work, and sending chrome to Houston.

Thanks guys Steve Barger

Reply to
hogoiler

Yes, I saw some of your chrome at the shop. I was sure surprised to see some K9 Hawk chrome pieces at the shop that did not belong to me! Your parts are in good hands.

You should join one of our Texas chapters!

-- Barry'd in Studes

58 Packard Hawk 40 President 39 Coupe Exp. 59 DeLuxe 1/2 tn. 56 Packard "400"
Reply to
Barry

Please send me some information on the club you're involved with. Good to know Phawk chrome is in fine hands. Would like to visit when I'm in Houston. Please e-mail at snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com Thanks Steve Barger

Reply to
hogoiler

Steve, I am in the Studebaker Drivers Club and the Packard Club. I am a member of the SDC Bayou Cities Chapt. ( Houston area) and the SDC Central Texas Chapter, which usually holds meetings in the Cameron/Temple/Bryan area. I also belong to Lone Star Packards in Houston & the AACA.

Dues to the SDC are still $27.50/ yr. & local chapt dues are about $15.00/yr. I can give you the mailing addresses.

The 2 SDC chapters meet on alternating months about 6x/ yr.

You may also he interested in the Hill Country Chapt.