63 R2 Lark 4 Speed

Pulled the motor and transmission today. Separated the engine from the transmission. Need to know how to remove the entire clutch assembly so that I can put the engine on an engine stand. Looks like the clutch and springs are brand new, so if at all possibly I would like to remove this assembly as much in tact or as one piece. This is a 4 speed on a

289. Please advise. Thank you
Reply to
58packardwagon

Just remove the bolts a little at a time and evenly.

58packardwag> Pulled the motor and transmission today. Separated the engine from the
Reply to
John Poulos

And be careful. The pressure plate is heavy, and, also hang onto the clutch plate as you remove the pressure plate. Otherwise it will fall out as you pull the pressure plate away from the flywheel.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Perhaps if you mentioned where you live one of us would come over and turn some bolts with you. I also have an R-2 Lark with a 4 speed. I'm running a Center Force 2 clutch and pressure plate. The stock type clutch and pressure plate are not up to the task in anything more than normal driving. I'll define normal driving, NO Drag Racing. The 10.4 or

10 1/2 clutch is marginal at best. I installed a Hayes high performance clutch in my old 1961 Hawk. It was way to stiff for the new owner. The center Force holds up to 90 percent better and has a stock feel.Yes it costs more.You also get what you pay for. If I can be of any help write to me off the list. Joe Flannery in Dumont,N.J.
Reply to
jflan63