Antique Auto Insurance

Anybody seeing rapid antique auto insurance price hikes for 2010? At first I thought it was just a Wisconsin thing, but I'm getting similar prices from the online biggies. At least the ones that are still left. I saw a 72% increase from J.C. Taylor, since 2009. No claims, tickets, or anything bad. Something weird is going on, like Obama-Care for my Studebakers. Boo Hiss!

New Member: Studebaker Storage Club Motto: Turning Wheels - NOT

Reply to
keith_kichefski

Just got mine and it is the same as last year. I have been using American Collectors for years now. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

My insurance has several different mileage options. About a year ago they sent a letter stating that they were relaxing their policies about pleasure driving. I think the lowest they allow is something like 2,500 a year but like I said they offer higher. I have four cars on the policy so it is hard to exceed the mileage allowance on one..although they have never checked... Strange that notice came when I was about to switch companies.... Keith, there are PLENTY of places 'left' to insure your classic cars... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

I asked around and found the increase is a Wisconsin only thing right now. There were some sneaky mandates included in Governor Doyle's

2010 budget, which took pity on the trial lawyers. Stating in June, they made it a law that everyone must have car insurance. While not a bad thing, they also made a huge increase in the underinsured and uninsured categories. These were raised to $100,000/300/000. To make it even worse, they included a "STACKING" provision, which means the second and third car, etc. on the policy, costs more than the first. Three cars would take it to $900,000 on the UM/UIM portion. The Governor is not running next term, but since he is a lawyer himself, I suppose he will be chasing ambulances in the future. I have found that there are a few state senate and assembly bills in the works, to repeal most of the changes, but the democratic majority are refusing to enact them. The Governor is a democrat, so his buddies stay pretty close to the groove. Let this be a warning to people who live in other states, what can happen when Govenment runs wild and 'throws their residents under the bus'. For what it is worth, trial lawyers are now running ads on TV smacking their lips, as to the money that can be made from huge settlements. The whole deal is so sad, it is pathetic. While I already had $300,000 on liability, my rates still went up 72%. J.C. Taylor and their current underwriter Foremost, are just passing it along. Problem is, Foremost appears to be applying the same rate structure for UM/UIM as you would for a daily use car. Not typical of an Antique car policy, which is mostly restricted to shows and parades, etc. As a result, the cars will be stored as I can find a better use for the money, than to foster the rampant greed.
Reply to
keith_kichefski

Well Keith, you could always move..... Politics suck no matter what state, though..and both sides suck equally... Time to toss out all the incumbents and make it illegal to be an attorney and run for office.. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Thanks George...That was the best idea I heard in sometime...Add in who is allowed to fund these people with an eye to buying the votes on a Bill in there company favor and usual against the interests of the real tax payer voters.....I speak for my Country here as you do for yours...

I think its getting pass the time that we have good people like you George , Jeff Rice, Matt's Granddad and many Studebaker people on here, have to run for these offices...

Well that's my rant, now back to Studes....

Lansing

Reply to
Lansing

If a politician does not own at least one Studebaker, he should be viewed with great suspicion...

JT

Lans> Thanks George...That was the best idea I heard in sometime...Add in who

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire
Reply to
keith_kichefski

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

AIG was a big contributor to the recent and continuing financial melt down...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Oh boy, AIG... The mere mention of that makes me want to barf up a perfectly good seafood dinner and a couple dark beers... They make nothing and provide no real service to anyone other than their own employees.. I could start cussing up a storm, but too tired of it all. A stock market driven economy is a ride down a dead end..but the politicians are riding that train and could care less. They can all kiss my Polish ass.... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

About three years ago, I replied to one of their quote offers and I got a price that was really, really, really good. In fact they even sent a letter with the same quote.

When I called to firm up a switch in coverage, the "bait 'n switch" mechanism went into action. That "good" quote ended up being only $5 less than the rates of my long term insurer, State Farm.

I probably could have held them to the written quote but I decided I just din't want anything to do with 'em period! As far as I'm concerned, they should have never been bailed out. And, for those that bought them thar' tainted junk securities, tough doo doo.

Insurance companies... Just as bad as lawyers 'n politicians!

Grrrr

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire