Auto insurance preferred lists

Is there anyone here in the auto body repair industry that can comment on the pros and cons of being on the auto insurance preferred service providers lists? On looking at State Farm's application it seems to be shortchanging the customer as well as the auto body labor. I could be biased as In my opinion State Farm is possibly the worst insurance provider as far as caring whether their policy holders are shortchanged or not. I hold that opinion in home and health policies as well as automobile policies not from my own experiences, but from other peoples comments along with a Dateline story about how they handle health claims. However, that's another post. In light of the state of the economy, I'm for doing anything right now to keep the shop busy, but before I signed up I would like to hear comments from others who have done so to be sure that it's the right thing to do. Thanks.

Reply to
mypet