Bell housing writing

I am curious as to when Studebaker started marking the top of the bellhousings. I have seen it now on many 64's, but not on any earlier ones that I remember. One I pulled today had a long number and then was obviously marked for AC. I couldn't check and see if the number is the car serial number as it's on a lift and I can't open the door enough. Yeah, my old lifts aren't asymmetrical... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George