Decent Avanti on eBay- no reserve?

Is it for real? Only looking for $6k for a fairly late '63 R-2. Paul Johnson

0071872180

Reply to
Paul Johnson

person, not the usual M.O. of a scammer.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Got this when I e-mailed her:

"The user you are contacting is registered on another eBay site and may speak a different language. Your message will be sent exactly as typed below."

Paul Johns> Is it for real? Only looking for $6k for a fairly late '63 R-2. > Paul Johnson

Reply to
John Poulos

I think she may be happily surprised in the end....

"Gordon Richmond" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

I copied the wrong url. This goes directly to the car vice looking at the bids. Paul Johnson

0071872180

Reply to
Paul Johnson

John, I've gotten that reply on several contacts with eBay users, and they replied in perfect English and had a shipping address here in the US.

Beats me.

Reply to
WayneC

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

Sounds like a scam, but who knows!

Chip

Reply to
cjdaytonjrnospam

Reply to
satdoc2 via CarKB.com

That explains the low asking price, but they never answered my e-mail to attempt the scan.

satdoc2 via CarKB.com wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

just got the scam attempt:

"Hi,

I'm really sorry for this late reply but I've been very busy lately and away from a computer. The car is located in Avon CO. It has all the papers as well as the service book. About the car 102396 miles on board, I can say that does not drip, leak, lean, smoke, pull to one side, vibrate, or make funny noises. It has never been in ANY wreck, has never hit a curb, was never hit while parked, the alignment is perfect, it tracks smooth at any speed. It has a clean car fax which confirms the accuracy of the mileage.

It has a clear title and it will be signed and notarized on your name as soon as the payment will be completed. I want this transaction to be as smooth as possible as I am caught in the middle of some very important events and have very few time at my disposal. The price is only 6,000.00 including shipping costs anywhere in the continental US and insurance charges.

Regarding the payment I am aware of the buyer's protection and we will use Ebay's motors vehicle purchase protection program which will hold the payment until you receive the car. You'll need to make a deposit for 48% of the total amount of 6,000.00, which means $2,880 and the remaining balance of $3120 after delivery of the car. To complete payment the buyer must have cash available. By making a deposit you are not buying the car ,is just the way the program works (and in case you buy the car it will give you a 1 month/1000 miles guarantee).However , it is 100% refundable if the car is not as described .

If you are interested in this car please provide me the following information's necessary to take a decision :

-your full name and address for shipping

-eBay ID

-your phone #

-any negative feedback and if so .... for what reason .

Once again I apologies for requesting this but I need to be sure I am dealing with interested people as I really don't have much time to spear.

Thanks,

Patricia Rader"

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to