engine painting question

When painting a Studebaker engine a color other than black, should the pulleys be painted engine color or black? Yes, I'm painting an R1 Alberta Blue, which is driving JP nuts :) 2 reasons I'm doing this:

1) a black engine in a black car just kind of gets lost and 2) I'd already bought the paint and detailed the power steering pump, reservoir, and brackets before I realized that I was going down this road.

nate

Reply to
N8N

Black-- or do what I did and blow in Jerry's ear and make 'em shiny

Reply to
ceecab

Personally, I think contrast makes for a more interesting engine compartment. I always thought the '60 and '61 engine color (silver) looked good in a dark car, due to the contrast.

Since you have already made the jump from originality, go (within reason) with contrasting colors. Black accessories would look good.

Another thought would be to do the pulleys in a lighter color, like Eastwood's Detail Gray paint that is sort of a 'sandblasted natural metal' color.

Paul

Reply to
R1Lark

Reply to
John Poulos

I'll get a dual quad manifold and call it an R4 :)

nate

(it *was* the R4 that was pa> I agree, I pushed for R3 red with black pulleys.

Reply to
N8N