Exciting New Hydrogen Source for Cars

For most buyers, the breakeven point would be the first time they got a 'thumbs up' from a Sierra Club member .. Jeff (It doesn't take much..) Rice

PS: Hmmmm... A merger maybe? 'Teslavanti" has a nice ring to it .....

Bigbob62" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

But the four door is supposed to be about 1/2 the price of the roadster.

JT

Bigbob62 wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Having actually ridden in one, I can tell you that the break even point for most people on this NG would be the first time you floored it and got slammed back in the seat. 0 - 60 in 4 seconds, no s**t. 100% torque at 0 RPM is an E-ticket ride.

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

That's not a long way from the EV-1 prototype. 0-60 was a bit more than 4 seconds, but not much. There was some current limiting going on to keep from frying the tires. For 1987 technology (I had the year wrong in my earlier post)it was a pretty darned impressive ride.

Reply to
Tom Adkins

I really think that this should be the future along with a burst of interim nuclear power construction. It is time for a total change of technology regarding energy production and usage.

I sure hope that they prove out their product because Detroit sure ain't up to the task...

JT

Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Just riding in a subway train demonstrates how quickly they can accelerate to cruising speed.

JT

Tom Adk> Pat Drnec wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Sounds like fun (which would be the only reason a majority of the automotive buying public would even look at one). $92K isn't that bad.... That's about a 15 year payback at $3.50 a gallon per a 25 gallon tank times a tank a week..... Jeff (not counting the electricity, of course,,) Rice

"Pat Drnec" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Now if they'll just finance for 15 years.

Sample newspaper ad:

0% financing No money down 15 year payment plan $511.11/month

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud