Getting Yet More Efficiency From Internal Combustion

Here's an interesting article.

Reply to
NoOption5L

Michael Johnson, PE

Michael, check this out:

I hope he succeeds!

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Joe

Every since I read up on using electricity to generate hydrogen and oxygen from water in college I have hoped someone could figure out how to make it an efficient process. The electricity could be generated from sunlight, wind, water, tides, ocean currents, nuclear fission, etc.

This is > Michael, check this out:

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Right on the money as usual, Michael. The fact that we still don't have government funding for research like that is proof that these morons (both Repubs and Dems) need to wake up and realize that it's supposed to be government _for the people_ instead of for themselves.

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Joe

Sad, but such concepts have not been realized from the very beginning. Politicians have, from the days of the founders, been elitists who believed the common man was not smart enough to know what was good for the country and themselves. That they lacked the education and the vested interest. Frontiersmen, women, slaves, Indians, and anyone who did not own land were not deem worthy of the vote by the wealthy, educated, landowners.

New people always go in believing they can fix the problem, but very quickly realize they can do nothing unless the go with the flow. I imagine, most people, if given a job where they decided their own pay raises and benefits would be the same.

However, we USED to have "majority rule", but that has been eroded by the courts and the ACLU.

As for government funding... people are still against government funding for mass transit, and similar programs, let alone support paying for something private companies will make profits from.

People are still angry that "to save jobs and the economy" the government bailed out a private auto corporation. Many politicians will recall the flak they took for that, and watch their backs before taking such a plunge.

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike

Self preservation seems to be the biggest concern of our esteemed politicians. Being energy independent is as much a national security issue as an environmental one. It is really going to take the public at large to make a change occur. If we would elect politicians than will promote a change then it would happen. In the end it we can only blame ourselves.

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

The people are still awaiting real tax reform, medical coverage, and a host of other things. And they have been electing people who at least say they want to fix the problems.

Personally, I'd rather have a candidate who stands up and says, 'folks, elect me. I make no promises, but I will do the best I can for the people I represent at home, and for the nation. I can't promise any more than that." That's better than hearing all the promises and never seeing one go through.

Until the entire Congress can be replaced at the same time, I doubt it's ever gonna happen, 'cause the good ol' boys will still influence the newbies. Cripes... Look at Ted Kennedy, among others.

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

Just saw the tail end of a story on Kinky Friedman on the CBS Sunday Morning news show. Apparently, he's running for some office in Texas somewhere. Now he's one of those guys you're talking about, eh? ;)

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Joe

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

The Kinkster's running for governor of Texas. Just read it on his web site:

Maybe he'll follow in Dubya's footsteps... lol!

Michael, I thought you would've heard of him before. But there's that age difference again...

"Michael Johnson, PE" wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:

Reply to
Joe

As long as Kinky doesn't want to dig further into our wallets or make the government the cure for all our ills, I'll gladly listen to what he has to say. :)

Reply to
Michael Johnson, PE

[...]

I think I had some of that one after surgery... a little vicodin and who cares whether the oil runs out or not... : 0 )

Spike

1965 Ford Mustang fastback 2+2 A Code 289 C4 Trac-Lok Vintage Burgundy w/Black Standard Interior; Vintage 40 16" rims w/BF Goodrich Comp T/A gForce Radial 225/50ZR16 KDWS skins; surround sound audio-video.

Gad what fools these morons be.... Children are obscene but should not be heard Give me a peperoni pizza... or give me a calzone!

Reply to
Spike

Al

Reply to