Expensive classic for sale

My brother restores cars professionally. One of his customers has run onto hard times. He has to sell his '67 Shelby 500. He was a subcontractor for Florida Rock. The real estate market in Florida died. Construction came to a screeching halt. Florida Rock sold out and the buyer told the subs they were no longer needed. His dump trucks are going back to the bank and he has no income. The 500 is an early car and really NICE. It could probably be bought for $140,000 or less. He turned down $160,000 several years back and the car has had some cosmetic improvements made sinde. It is in the registry. I'm posting this because one of you might know a heavy hitter who is looking to steal a piece like this. If you know someone, pass my email address along to them snipped-for-privacy@hotmail.com Dexter

Reply to
dwcars

Eleanor?

dwcars wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

Florida Rock & Tank always was a so-so trucking company.. They quite regularly flipped gas tankers and burned overpasses (once in Orlando on I-4 and once in Port Charlotte on I-75).. Doesn't surprise me that they sold out (probably as a result of a lawsuit or ten...). Jeff

"dwcars" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Reply to
dwcars

Wow. Original retail - $4195 NADA guide average - $170,000 NADA guide high - $244,800

dwcars wrote:

Reply to
Pat Drnec

And I invested in Studebakers (:-(