Fa: 40 year collection of Automobile Quarterly.

0185609637 Reluctantly up for sale is my Fathers prized 40 year collection of Automobile Quarterly books. This collection consists of 160 hard cover books. with a total weight of 237 pounds. This set contains some of the most comprehensive,valuable information in the automotive world, including manufacturing, design, engineering,artistry,prototype, racing,machinery,and more vintage and the most modern. All the "firsts", "bests",and "worsts" are all right here at your finger tips. Information beyond your wildest dreams including some of the most spectacular color photos. This set is very well suited for the most serious collector or museum. And what is also included is over 1000 hand written index cards indexing the entire collection. They are all alphabetized. Just look up a subject, title, manufacturer, artist, designer, model, make or whatever, and the index cards will show you what volume and page to find the info you are looking for. (See photo of index cards). All these book were kept in excellent condition. See the photo of the first 7 volumes edges and you can see that they are nice and crisp.They date back to 1962 ( the very first issue). I would really like to see these find a nice home. I will ship these to the 48 U.S. states only via UPS- Ground. They do weigh 237 pounds in five boxes, so it won't be cheap.Winner pays actual shipping. But it will be worth it as a set as complete as this is hard to come by in one complete lot. Of course local pick up on Long Island, New York,11727 is more than welcomed.

Reply to
pinball7

That is a very prestigious publication! I have many of the issues having articles with Studebaker history, and vintage racing - especially land speed records.

I've noticed that most used book stores sell them for about $8 per copy. Good luck selling them, and hope the new owner enjoys them.

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
Barry
237 pounds?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

Books are very heavy.

Reply to
ALEX M.

He won't ship Media Mail so that will be very expensive as far as shipping

Reply to
Dan

I'm pretty sure Media Mail is for new magazines and book only.

Reply to
ALEX M.