FS: 1956 as-is

Hi all,

A friend's father has to clear old stuff off his land, and among it is a '56 Studebaker. As she describes it:

1956 Studebaker wagon, original engine, upholstery gone but seat frames intact, not running

This is an Arizona car so it probably has no or very little rust, but I would have to verify that. The car is located in Camp Verde, Arizona. If no interest here, can you recommend a place she should advertise it?

Thanks!

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Mike,

Her best bet might be eBay. Take some pics and it should go as wagons are somewhat in demand. Be sure to state the model and engine (six vs. V8), manual or automatic, etc. You know the drill...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

What does she want for it ? I am in AZ and always wanted a wagon. I might be interested since Bob M. won't sell me his.

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

contact chuck and chris collins. my dad is not far from camp verde and would give it a look for anyone interested. the studebaker group in Az. is very active and has a great publication. there is also the sedona car club nearby. they are a big group and they are not as....thrifty... as some. I wish i could see it too. love those wagoons. but my plate is full just now.Rich

Reply to
am not r2

Jerry I'll arm wrestle you for it :-)) Russ

Reply to
rustynutgarage

Damn Russ I am not sure I want it that bad. What I really want is a 54 Wagon Now if it was a 54 I might take you on

Reply to
Jerry Kaiser

Hey, Grumpy, you get around! She is leary of eBay (never used it myself). I'll run it past her, though. I suppose she should take pictures in any case.

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee

Not really... I've been collecting Studes for most of my life and until the real high prices forced me into a old beater Honda, I drove a Studebaker as daily transportation. In fact, I still drive the '64 T-Cab weekly and will soon have the '55 Prez sedan as the back up (and fancy) daily driver.

At any rate, the guys here have offered specific advice and I can vouch for every one of 'em. Maybe you should follow up with them and maybe post a few pics here as well. Binaries are welcome on this group.

I'm not an expert on the station wagons but have long lusted for a '55 Conestoga...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Appreciate all the advice. I told my friend about the forum, and when she gets her internet working again :-( she will join in. It would really be better for her to get directly involved.

What amazes me is that she also has a pair of '35 Pontiacs and a '56 Olds, so I posted similarly in those fora. Even for raw activity the Studebaker forum has Pontiac and Olds beat. Not much more than "not interested myself, but try..." advice on the others. (Not my place to complain; just an observation.)

Mike

Reply to
Michael Pardee