Anyone have a Ford pickup?

Just got a thought... the Ford I looked at last night had the stock steel wheels with dog dishes, and I just realized that they were a good bit larger than the MoPar dog dishes... anyone have one of these trucks, and if so, will a Studebaker dog dish hubcap fit on it?

just curious

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Nate,

Grab this months Turning Wheels and turn to page 42. There's a picture of Floyd Harrell standing next to a 1950 Champion. I don't know what kind of wheels he has, but those are for sure F*rd dog dish hubcaps with some sort of Stude lazy S attached to the center.

In that example since it's a Champion, I'd say those are the original wheels with the spring clips but he's used F*rd hubcaps. If that works, I'd say the reverse would work also. I think the measurement for a Ford cap is about 9 1/4 inches and when I measured the bumps on my Studebaker wheels, they look about the same but I don't have a F*rd cap to test that theory.

I'm thinking you want to use F*rd wheels with Stude caps.

Mark

65 Cruiser
> Just got a thought... the Ford I looked at last night had the stock
Reply to
Mark Anderson

Yup, I currently have MoPar cop car wheels but haven't seen any hubcaps other than the stock MoPar ones that would fit. If I could find some kind of steel wheel with brake cooling holes on which I could run stock style '53-55 Stude hubcaps (or a simple "baby moon" style cap) and trim rings, I think that would look very cool. I think the caps I am thinking of are significantly larger than 9-1/4" as the MoPar ones are about 9" and the Stude ones are significantly larger.

I was looking at some 30's Stude baby moon style caps at York but I think they would have been a hair too small to fit, and too pricey to buy just to try.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

The Ford truck bolt patterns 5.5x5 N8.

Nate Nagel wrote:.

Reply to
Transtar60

Nate,

What about a set of early Tor> The Ford truck bolt patterns 5.5x5 N8.

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Reply to
Mark Anderson

Reply to
oldcarfart

So you're saying don't upgrade the hubcaps???

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Amen!!!