Gas Prices Revisited

Gas went up here on Tuesday from 98.9 / L to $1.10.9 / L then back down

1 cent on Wednesday. That's taking it to about $4.20 per US Gallon... ($5.04 Imperial Gallon) And you complain about close to $3.00 / gallon..... OUCH!
Reply to
D.J.

Yeah but that's $4.20 Canadian.

Lee

Reply to
61hawk

Your prices reflect large taxes to subsidize social services... And we all know how efficient guv'ment can be!

JT

"D.J." wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Reply to
Robert Black

Reply to
Robert Black

Well...that's good compaired to us ...We have it jump, yes jump up yesterday to $ 117.9/litre reg. and we have to pump it here in Sydney NS....grrrrrrr

Lansing

Reply to
ConcreteGuy

...which is currently up to $0.88+, so about $3.75 US/US gallon (remember when $Can was only $0.62 a decade ago?)

Jim Bartley on PEI--$1.12 9/10

Reply to
George Mills

$2.87 in Holiday Florida

Reply to
Holden McGroin

Countries with socialized medicine like Canada all spend less of their GNP on medicine than we do and they cover all of their people and don't leave

40+ millions with no insurance. They don't have to cover the 30+% that the insurance companies here suck off the top.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

At least we can pick and choose here in USA.

Britain is further down the road to hell caused by socialized medicine than Canada is.

Let's examine that particular success story, eh?

are closing more hospitals, despite huge waits for care. More government help is almost always a recipie for corruption, inefficiency and stupidity.

Witness the great success of the USSR.

Mark (no easy answers) Dunning

Reply to
markshere2

They are closing more hospitals, despite huge waits for care.>

The answer to some of our problems with healthcare (and you can toss in public education as well) is simplification of process. Of course, "simplification" is NOT in the guv'ment vocabulary...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

You can pick and choose there, if you have the money. The poor here do not get to pick and choose. If they spent as much per person as we do they would not have the problems they have. We spend way more than other countries for results that are no better--

They are closing more hospitals, despite huge waits for care.>

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

The gas here is now $ 120.9/litre for the cheapest pump your own stuff on Friday...ouch...

Lans>

Reply to
ConcreteGuy

Perhaps it's my dazzling American personality. Even without insurance, I got to pick.

"Ask the man who drives one."

Karl

Reply to
midlant

Yeah you just head down to the local ER and they have to see you. If you can't afford to get there, you call 911 and they send an ambulance, no ambulance service is going to take the liability of refusing to transport you for fear of being sued. Doctors don't run our health system, lawyers do.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

Isn't Canada an oil exporting nation? (Produces product excess to its needs)

If yes, y'all should demand subsidized product at home like they get in many other OPEC countries such as Venezuela at around 12¢ per gallon...

JT

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Yes, and MOSTLY to the USA (where it is sold for the market rate--but cheaper than here). Its expensive stuff nowadays, though, progressively less of the cheaper land sources, more of the deeper offshore and (real expensive) tarsands. We're paying for the future, now. Cheap gas is like crack--think of how bad we would be iff'n we didn't have expensive gas and diesel to keep us in line I keep the V8 Wagonaire down to 50mph, but the

4 cyl Corolla sometimes gets up to 70....but it mostly stays at 50 too.

Jim Bartley on PEI---getting a

unit for my house. My heating oil costs $0.73/L (that's about $0.64 US/L) and even with a high efficiency Kerr Comet boiler...

Reply to
George

From

"Canada's total oil production (including all liquids) was 3.1 million barrels per day (bbl/d) in 2004."

"Canada sends over 99% of its crude oil exports to the U.S., and the country is one of the most important sources of U.S. oil imports. During the first eleven months of 2004, Canada exported 1.62 million bbl/d of crude oil to the U.S., the single-largest component of U.S. crude oil imports. Canada also sent some 500,000 bbl/d of petroleum products to the U.S. during this period, the most from a single country"

And OUR gas prices go up FASTER than yours...

Reply to
D.J.

Yep, ya gotta luv 'em! Everybody gets screwed...

JT

"D.J." wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire