HIGHEST GAS PRICES

What's the highest gas prices in your area (converted to $US, please). South of Buffalo, NY we're looking at $3.93 for 93 oct. premium.

pp

Reply to
Philip Procter

Actually, in Syd, Australia, we're getting similar prices for 98oct premium. (Around $1.36/litre, 3.8 litres/gal, $1 AUD = 76c USD)

Yours is evidently going up a fair bit faster than ours, last time I checked we were paying around 30c aust a litre more than you, all converted.

-mark

Reply to
mark jb

Boston area I've seen 3.65

Reply to
John

Here in Las Vegas, NV, the highest I saw in the NW valley was 3.19 for

91 oct. Reg grade was 2.99 and mid grade was 3.09.
Reply to
ZZ

Just go to

or
to find out the price situation of the United States and the first also gives prices in Canada. Here the price changes daily if not more often and it is easier to track on these sites. Blair

Reply to
Blair Baucom

Here in New Zealand At approx NZ$1 = US$0.70 US$4.18/gallon for 96 octane (NZ$1.579/liter) US$4.05/gallon for 91 octane (NZ$1.529/liter) & 40% of these are taxes

-Mike

Reply to
mike

How my heart bleeds for you Yanks?

We, in the UK are paying £1 per litre & there are 4.56 of those to a UK gallon.

Stop bitching ffs.

Reply to
/\/ / & E

but for comparison we'd need to think in U.S. Gallons, otherwise we'd have to increase our ammount accordingly so the price diff. would be offset.

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

I'll gladly pay $4.56/gal if we had a half decent public transportation and I didn't have to pay for health insurance every month!

Reply to
John

Hey buddy, that's 4 pounds, 56 pence per Imperial gallon, thats about 9.00 USD per Imperial gallon

Hey all you americans, why don't you make it easy on yourself and use measurement systems the WHOLE WORLD uses instead of a stupid out of sync system you invented, let's see um how about METRIC. We are all tired of converting so y'all can understand, eh!

Reply to
Grolsch

Well.. it's called the ENGLISH SYSTEM for a reason... as in the imperial bittish used it when they colonized us. Hence they still use pounds for weight and miles for distance over there too... so relax.

Reply to
Mike Lloyd

Last I heard, they buy gas there by the litre, and you buy stuff in the supermarket by the gram. In fact, I think you HAVE to buy it by the metric unit, they're not allowed to sell it buy the pound/oz.

Reply to
Cam Penner

The metric system is invented. The English system was developed. I'm not asking you to convert anything for me. I'm quite comfortable using the measurement system I grew up with. Sorry if you're annoyed by that. If it weren't for NATO whining the US would never have made the slightest move to adopt the metric system. And it was a complete lie that the metric system was more 'accurate'. Accuracy has more to do with repeatability, surface finish and tolerances - regardless of measurment system.

still, a few more generations and you will rest comfortably in your grave. The metric system will slowly infect us all.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

What are you all nagging about? In Norway we are gratified with prices between NOK 9.90 - 13.42 for 1 liter

95 octan. Converted for those who live in the US: $6,00- 7,75 for one US gallon. So....

Svein Olav

Reply to
Svein O

what are you limey's paying for soap these days, or don't you know???

Reply to
Phil

Both were developed, not invented or discovered.

The gentleman from Texas is politely telling you to f*ck off, as he does not care for your efforts to communicate with him!

Yup.

True.

It'll not infect you,....you'll just see sense in changing, ...eventually and for your own good, and others too.

The recent decimalization of the stock market, for example, helped foreigners buy US stocks more easily and is working wonders to prevent a slide in values, helping to avoid recession, and in the future will also be working to help retiring baby-boomers divest their portfolios and hopefully not collapse the market.

The 1/8, 1/16, 1/32, stock price quoting system was scary to non-anglo foreigners and cost US. hefty billions in trade.

The world learned English, not because it is one of the simplest languages in the world, and not because the English conquered some distant lands, but because it was beneficial to do so, same will happen with the reluctant Americans and the simple metric system.

MN

Reply to
MN

Around 1791 some french dude arbitrarily says "Hey, how about we divide the distnace from the equator to the north pole by 10 million and go from there!" the rest of the world said "Merde!" but it was too late.

Invented then developed.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

It wasn't that simplistic.

It took years to implement such a modernity.

In Russia, for example, they still used pounds and miles well into the XX century.

My grandmother who was born in Imperial Russia in 1900, never quite accepted the fact that metric is simply more convienient. She also never fully embraced the idea that banknotes could be printed in multiple colors, not just green as the US dollar, or red as in Tsarist Russian rubble.

Implemented I think is the most important word.

MN

Reply to
MN

The OP claimed our system was invented by 'us'. Clearly, the metric system has a firmer claim on being 'invented' than the English system.

how much better, than choosing a brand new, arbitrary standard, wouldn't it have been to use the yard as a starting point? Or choose something closer to a 'foot' in size. The foot is so convenient as an intermediate unit. The decimeter is too small. Plus the names have too many syllables. its unwieldy for common use.

you can have the last word.

Carl

Reply to
Carl 1 Lucky Texan

Except for the names which I don't find that problematic you've done a good job pointing out the shortcomings of the new and the benefits of the old.

I think the original poster would agree with you in, all he was after was probably a desire for more for uniformity.

MN

Reply to
MN