Hundred thousandths Lark

Would the museum be interested in the donation of this car that is in need of a total restoration? The engine/tranny are MIA, as are some body parts. The car is largely rust free. Along with the car comes all the letters, pictures, watch, etc... that the factory gave the original family when they bought the car. What would be a value for the receipt for the tax deduction for the person donating this car? Would the museum find a local chapter, or a individual to restore this car for them? Or do they have the means to do it themselves? I don't own it. The owner asked me to ask the NG for help. Anyone with ties to the Museum? Thanks

Reply to
kelmbaker

In all the years I've been associated with the museum they have only turned down a few that were beyond even parts donar status. This doesn't mean that the car will be restored for the collection. Over the years, many of the vehicles donated have been auctioned off and now reside in private hands. I'd imagine that this car would suffer a similar fate.

Why not go ahead and sell it to an individual that wants it and will restore it?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht

I don't own it. That is what I would do in a New York minute. But the guy who does own it wants the musum to get it. Since Larks are easy to resore, parts are relatively cheap and this particular car is a important one, he thinks the museum is the way to go. But if anyone wants to make a real offer, I'll pass it on. He bought it off E-Bay. I can't really say for sure what he has into it. I don't want it, and I'm storing it and need it gone. The stuff that came with it is simply amazing. KM

Reply to
kelmbaker

Didn't it just sell on Ebay about a month ago? Now who had that car on Ebay? I don't remember what it sold for, but I don't think it was a great amount, was it?

Bo

Reply to
64daytonaht