Hurst shifter lever

Was poking around JP's today (finally! I got to see my car again!) and was going to swap shift levers around to see if the "correct" (per Hurst web site) lever will fit with a bench seat, since I'm fairly tall and have my seat all the way back. Well, it won't but the 6900 shift lever will almost work. I think that's the number that was recommended for bench seat cars; I found one and traded JP a brand new "correct" one for it, I think I will cut it apart and weld it back together to shorten it a little (maybe an inch or so) and lean it forward some. It just kisses the seat in 2nd gear, even with the seat all the way back, but I think modded as I envision it it will be darn near perfect. To cover up the weld you'd need to use the Mr. Gasket shift boot instead of the stock one, as I've already done. I'll try to post pics later tonight. It's almost too close to the 17" early C-K steering wheel, but as I say, I think cut and welded as I describe it will be great. "falls readily to hand" as they say.

nate

Reply to
N8N

pics here:

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

I dunno that I can get a recore done locally for much less than $4-500, that's the problem :( Unfortunately, after I flushed all the goo out, now my radiator, heater valve and core are all leaking (plus something power steering related that I still need to investigate.) If it's not one thing...

I know my radiator looks strange, but it is a '55 unit - a *late* '55 unit. I figured it out once I got my service bulletin CD; in mid-'55 they changed the tanks and necks so the rad. could run at 13 PSI. This doesn't appear to be documented anywhere *but* in the service bulletins... and I didn't know about it when I got the car either, so trying to find a rad. cap was an exercise in frustration until I just tried a late one that was on my Lark.

nate

Alex Magdaleno wrote:

Reply to
N8N

If the upper and lower tanks are still good, a 4-5 hundred dollar recore is still cheaper than 700 or so for the Rodney Red unit. Of course, the Rodney Red does look real pretty, well worth the extra money if you have it to spare.

Reply to
Alex Magdaleno

Nate,

Talk to Bill Sovitski of Elizabeth Radiator, who is usually at Reedsville. He did an excellent HD recore for me at a reasonable price.

Jim Bradley

'64 Daytona HT ?Rerun? snipped-for-privacy@earthlink.net Remove HAT to reply

N8N wrote:

Reply to