Land Cruiser update

I went by the shop yesterday and tried some things with the Land Cruiser. I put the rear end on jack stands, cranked it up in 3rd gear and ran it up to about 50 MPH. Then I mashed the clutch and pulled out the parking brake. It choked down 3 or 4 times and then the clutch finally broke loose. Then I just HAD to drive it down the road. :) I made it about 1/5 mile from the shop when it died. I just assumed it was out of gas. Walked back to the shop, went all over town getting a gas can and gas, then went back and it turns out the hot wire we had to crank it has come loose. Oh well, at least it does have SOME gas in it now.

Thanks guys, without you we'd have to pull the trans. That's something we really wanted to avoid.

Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

Had a old Silver Hawk that had a frozen clutch to flywheel..Put it up against a garage post and it finally broke loose...Never had anymore problems with it after that. Dave B

Reply to
mcavanti