Main line from 1920 auto ads

Feb 1920 Natioinal Geographic auto-related ads had these as first or second headline:

CONVERTIBLE LOCOMOBILE GUNBOAT CABRIOLET (photo)

Where your tire money goes when you skid (Weed anti-skid chains)

What can a Man really Learn at the Show? (Packard)

"Good Lord! A blow-out, no raincoat and five miles to the nearest town. Why didn't I have sense to put on Kelly Springfields all around!" (Cartoon of classy car / rich driver)

Do you know Hudson Builds the Essex?

MARMON 54

Picked by the Governmant Chosen By Big Business (GMC)

MAZDA (GE auto light bulbs)

How Connecticut Sparks Fire Those Cold Cylinders (Conn Telephone & Electric Company)

AN EVEN FINER DETROIT ELECTRIC

WILLYS - KNIGHT

Why the Hot Spot Chalmers is Two Years Ahead of the Times

Denby Motor Trucks

Studebaker (in script) with photo of Series 20 seven passenger BIG SIX and usual fluff.

Dodge Brothers 4-Door Sadan (only writing on a photo of a rather ugly car

CHANDLER SIX Chandler Leads Where Performamce Counts

(all rather mundane)

PS I was giventhe magazine for the article on clearing the North Sea mibe barrage.

Karl

Reply to
midlant