Minor Setback

After this weeks flooding in the Susquehanna River valley, there are a lot of people and small businesses that will not have much to restart with. I got dinky problems. Last fall I put the 55 body I had rebuilt, just the sheet metal, on a doner frame and took it to a friends body shop. He had never been flooded but I expect the water in the shop Wednesday morning was about four feet deep. Yesterday the water was down five feet from fourteen feet above flood stage, down to the previous record flood level, and travel was no longer restricted, so I headed off to see what I could do. On one end of the street a squad of New York State Troopers were using the road as a launch for their air boats and a National Guardsman was posted at the other end. I've never been comfortable arguing with people with guns. Maybe today. Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

Speaking of the flooding in Pennsylvania. I wonder how many more times the Delaware will flood before they dust off the old blueprints and finally build the Tocks Island dam? Caving to the environuts in the sixties has cost Pennsylvania and New Jersey billions. The government owns the land they took to build the dam, why not build one ;)

mike hunt

Reply to
Mike Hunter

The Lincoln Dale guys are gone, but we still can't get past the people with the guns. The river is down eleven feet to flood stage but there is something about gas and the places that blew up, the flooded gas stations, the overflow from the sewage plants, the oil spill, and the chemicals from the flooded exterminator business. Maybe tomorrow. Bill

Reply to
Bill Clark

Good news. I hope the people with the guns get some well deserved rest, I'm sure they have had a rash of crap to deal with. Bet they didn't shoot anybody, although I'm sure there were many that needed shot.

Reply to
Dave's Place