One step closer

Our new chapter is one more step close to becoming a reality. We held a meeting today and sorted out details to send off to the powers that be. About twenty paid dues today and made future plans. Will be called the Big Bend Chapter and will encompass South Western Georgia, the Tallahassee Florida area, and South Eastern Alabama. We look forward to becoming another "spoke in the wheel". The computer has made this process a lot easier then when I tried to organize the faithfull in this neck 'o the woods twenty plus years ago. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Good luck, George!

Reply to
zoombot

Reply to
mbstude

Jefferson included writing the Declaration of Independence and founding the U of V on his grave. He didn't mention being President of the US.

As one of the many former SDC Presidents and the sparking-plug in starting SOC UK, an independent club whch became the British SDC Chapter, I must say that I feel much more pride in the latter.

Be proud of what you've done.

Karl C> Good luck, George!

Reply to
midlant

MANY congratulations indeed, George. That is good news. 20 paid members is a helluva start; chapters have started with fewer! BP

Reply to
bobcaripalma

Matthew, you can join as many chapters as you want. This will be my third. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Reply to
mbstude

I think it is terrific that you are able to start a new chapter. I see a lot of chapters having the same problem ours does, struggling to survive. I would bet that the number of chapters has actually been declining over the past few years. Years back you would go to a meeting and it would be standing room only. Today you have a good meeting if you have 20 bodies present. I think a lot of this is due to the fact that we are all getting older and we are not seeing a lot of younger members.

Our hats off to you for your efforts!.

Reply to
UncleMiltie