OT: Pronouncation

ja'ou'are

That's how the natives pronounced the name of a sleek spotted cat native to their Amazon region. William Lyons, of Coventry, named a car after him. Judging by the phonetic spelling, above, that the explorers brought back (along with some cats), the Brits have it right as far as the pronunciation goes.

Reply to
Karl Haas

I always hear a Brit say it more like 'Jag-You-Are'.

Reply to
Dwain G.

Karl, you might appreciate seeing the little Austin pedal cars in my post "Pedal Cars Anyone?"

Reply to
Dwain G.