posting pictures rules

tinypic.com

Reply to
Eddie

Hi, I have just come on board and noticed there are two pictures on the group. What are the rules re: posting a picture? I posted two pictures of an old Studebaker but so far have not seen them on the group. Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

The NG does not have a rule about pictures, but your internet provider might. i.e., my ISP won't allow me to post pics to this group.

Eddie wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Like JP said... There are no 'rules' about anything on this unmoderated newsgroup. But there are 'manners', ans 'etiquette' that make the newsgroup experience more pleasant. Post all the pic's you want. But post them knowing: Pic size determines download speed. ie: big pic's slow dial up users to a crawl. Keep them small, with lower dpi. Post the word '(pic)' up in the header of the post to warn the reader that a pic is contained. That way they can pass it over if they don't want to get hung up waiting for the download to complete. (note: many, many ISP's block binary attachments to newsgroups in order to save drive space on their servers. An atiquated philosophy, but a dominant one. Hope the info helps. Jeff (time for someone to post the FAQ...) Rice

Reply to
Deepnhock

Pls let us see your Studebaker pix, but spare us the spam & porno, like some dipshit has been dumping here. If we need porno, we know where to find it.

If I could > There are no 'rules' about anything on this unmoderated newsgroup.

Reply to
Barry

I'm sub'd to about 25 groups and 10 email lists. Have been since 1997 and I follow only the good rules, such as you describe.

OK, I only post pics with 100kb or smaller. Is that ok?

The way I tell if there is an attachment is I look for the line number to the left of the message like Nate's 5416. 5416 tells me that's a picture there. I use Agent, btw.

So far, this may be the only group my ISP is not allowing my post. I'll call my granddaughter so she can tell me how to do it another way.

It did, thanks! Eddie

Reply to
Eddie

Reduce the image size to no larger than 12" wide

Save as, (jpg)

and in PhotoShop, you can select the compression rate. (Low is good 'nuff for here)

JT

Barry wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

Where is that? Can you refer us a good, free site? ;)

mike

Reply to
Mike Hunter

Do it.