R3 More Progress

Guys, I have posted more pictures at

Take a look at the Tremec TKO600 5 speed manual, scatter shield, GM starter, and Hydraulic clutch.

Nimesh

Reply to
nsolanki77

Nimesh,

What is the scatter shield from? Does it bolt directly to the Stude V8 or do you need an adapter plate, what is the story? What parts are needed for the swap? Does there need to be any modifications made to any parts?

Wiz.

Reply to
Wizard of Oz

Scatter shield is a direct bolt on. The only difference is that it is not made with the old school shaft for the release bearing. It actually has the ilet for the chevy fork. I have this but it was too much trouble to fabricate the linkage to make it work with a push/pull system as the Stude is based on torsion. So I went with a hydraulic setup. Everything is direct bolt on including the starter. It is a direct bolt on to the stock manual stude bell housing too. No modifications to any parts. If you have a 1961 4 speed with the chevy bolt pattern, it will bolt directly to the scatter shield since it has a Chevy pattern. They are made with the chevy bolt pattern.

Nimesh

Reply to
nsolanki77

I think Wiz wanted to know if there was an adapter plate needed for a Chevy bellhousing. Or is this a Stude specific scattershield? Did you use one of Myers adapters? Jeff

Scatter shield is a direct bolt on. The only difference is that it is

Reply to
Jeff Rice

There is no adapter plate needed. made specifically for a stude. Custom made for stude but for a chevy pattern trans

Reply to
nsolanki77

Reply to
Transtar60

Jerry Ikard in Alabama makes them. Fairborn is a dealer for them. and the starter

Reply to
nsolanki77

Sweet indeed! Thanks for the info. Jeff

There is no adapter plate needed. made specifically for a stude.

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Jerry Ikard bought my '61 Hawk!

Dave Miller

Reply to
So. Ga. Cruiser

Thanks for bringing hi po Studeism to a new level Nimesh. We will all be curios to see how the car does. 1/4 mile runs right?

Reply to
Michael - Roseland FL

No, this is my road race car. I have fabricated a roll cage, etc for this car. Will post pics so>

Reply to
nsolanki77