RBS blues GONE!

Had a few minutes the other day while freezing my butt off and hugging a heater so I went thru an old Carter AS carb to put on my 63 as the original 20thousand mile one was a POS from the factory. I had put a kit in it but it still sucked just like all the others I messed with years ago on Studes and various AMC products. I was getting ready to install the thing when I needed some small part so I went hunting in the boneyard and dang if one of the worst clunker ones I drug in a few years ago didn't have an almost brand new AS on it. A 61 Lark I had never pulled the first part off donated a carb WAY nicer than the one I was messing with...a quick clean and look inside and on it went. The car runs better than it ever has; starts easier and warms up nicer. Should have done this long ago. Had to use an early V8 air cleaner as that is all I had laying around. I will now get a kit for this carb although it runs so well I doubt it needs it. Taking it to our 'Spring dust off' meeting tomorrow. Also...while fiddling with the car in the cold snap we had the starter croaked...and on went a Delco I had in waiting. MORE big difference; the Delco spins faster and sounds nicer than the original Prestolite. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Are you gonna paint the new air cleaner???

MB

Reply to
mbstude
Reply to
Studebaker George

Someone pointed out a while back that if you read the specs on the tune up charts the garden-variety Delco starters are comparable in torque to the good, four-pole Avanti Prestolite starters in terms of torque (and superior to the regular V-8 Prestos,) so if originality is not important to you, just go for the Delco by default.

nate

Reply to
Nate Nagel

What's R B S ?