San Diego Auto Museum new show

I haven't been too please with the past few special shows, but this one is Hot Rods, including a great 1937 Studebaker Convertable. Another new display in that atrea is one we've been working one since before the IM In South Bend. This is the "barn find." One day a year or two agoI answered my home phone and a voice said, "I'm Doctor Smith. When are you guys coming by and taking my Studebaker away?" I responded with a stroing, "Huh?" It seems that he had offered his Studebaker (Doctors) Coupe that had been sitting in a barn for forty.years! Frustrated that no one had come for it, he called and said that he wanted to talk about his Studebaker. They gave him my home number, obviously. A cerefully selected few boits of anceint crap are stattered about. It looks perfect - just as I had descrfibed as the poerfect isplay for a onld Studebaker after that IM mentioned above. I don't know how long the Hot Rod show will be there, but the "Barn fFnd" is long term.

Karl (Down the the lower left of the US just about as far as you can get.)

Anyhow, it is now on the floor, dirty as can be, under a lean-to shed roof..

Reply to
Karl Haas