Sharing that "moving sucks" feeling with Studebaker George

Well,accepted an offer on the house last night. Found a place with a little space South of town ,in the county,by a friends house.While the tax rate will be higher,it will allow me to play cars easier than it is now.Hey Stude George,got any empty boxes??? LOL I dont wanna pack all this stuff! Ever notice the more space you have the more stuff you end up with?

Reply to
Mertz Racing

Ten years ago I moved from a smaller place to a much larger place, and in a bIt better neighborhood (as in less rentals in the area). Most likely, you're doing the same '30-conditional' type of sale that I did, where you got the new house provided that your present home sold within that time, leaving you with a very small window to do the actual moving of your goods. I learned with the amount of stuff I had to move to NEVER swing that kind of deal ever again!! In those ten years since, I have to confess I have acqiured lots more stuff since. Therefore, if I ever move again, I will buy a place a good two to three months before putting the present house up on the market. In that way, it can be done at a rather 'leisurely' pace with no pressures on me, and allow me to "properly" show the old place for sale with no Stude parts in the living room, spare bedrooms, etc.

Craig

Reply to
studebaker8

LOL@Craig...I thought Stude parts in plain view was a selling point!

Reply to
Mertz Racing

In our case we went kind of back-asswards; we moved into a slightly smaller house with a biggger piece of property. We wanted to do just the opposite.. Now the stuff don't all fit... and BTW, listen to Jeffy when he says to toss out (or sell) all the old furniture as it will NOT fit in the new house...my back is still bothering me from the old lady having me move furniture a THOUSAND times to make it "look right". I finally got mad and told her to live with it for a while...see how long THAT lasts.... Studebaker George (still with dozens of unpacked boxes scattered everywhere and a big shed crammed to the roof)

Reply to
Studebaker George

We signed an agreement last May, got our house on the market in July, moved some stuff in September, signed an agreement on the old house at the end of November, moved our furniture over in the middle of December, and finally closed on the old place on December 30th. In between each of those dates was nothing but work, work, work to make the old place move and the new place ours. The upside was 2 additional garage stalls which I have already filled with crap. Now that the weather is turning nice again and I have only one place to take care of, I actually plan on doing some Studebaker stuff and maybe seeing some people (like Bob40) who probably wonder if I died or something.

Bob

Reply to
BobWaitz

Here in SC it's not so bad... you just put the air up the tires and off you go.

Lee

Reply to
Lee Aanderud

I just figured you were busy! Plus winter seems to bring out the hibernation gene in a lot of us.Glad to see your back in circulation.

Bob40

Reply to
Bob