Shiva!!!

OT - - - Do you do any keys for gen II Honda Civics? (1980-1983)
JT

On Fri, 10 Apr 2009 03:42:57 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire

depends..
82-83, code series 1001-1700 takes HD82 blank I got 14
81 series with the 1001-1700 takes HD70U blank, I got 12
there IS an 81-83 with a 2001-2700 code series that takes the reverse blank an X 130 and I do NOT have that one.. might be able to get..
80 was in another book that I couldnt lay my hands on quickly
--Shiva--
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

I have an '83 where the ignition key fits the driver's door and gas lid. I need the rear hatch and passenger's door lock to use the same key.
Can you fix?
JT
On Sat, 11 Apr 2009 01:09:08 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire

ehh, BEFORE we condemn this.. you HAVE tried soaking in WD40? I do not have a pinning kit for this, and I would have to go to a secure web site and inquire if anyone did.. plus necessary caps.. Is this a 'pieced together' vehicle or is it original AFAYK. normal situation is the trunk lock gets dirty, and the right passenger door lock never gets used.... they stick..
BTW, does the key go IN the lock or not? IF it does, then compare the 'feel of insertion' between left and right door.
pull the right door lock, and get me the key code.. see other email, or look in glove box compartment for a sticker with it on it-will be the ONLY thing on the sticker, usually half inch by 1.5" stuck on left near side of glove box door when open. IF you got the original owners manual, then it might be wrote in it, too
--Shiva--
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

I'll try the WD-40 trick next week.

I have three cars in this batch... An '81 1300 that will either be rehabbed or put on eBay, an '82 1500 automatic which will become a daily driver and an '83 1500 automatic which was vandalized but has many good parts.
I have already removed the locks from the doors and gas door of the '83. The ignition key works the lift lock and gas lock fine. The hatch lock and passenger locks do not respond at all but I will try the WD40 trick next week. (cars are at another location)
The '82 which will be the driver, only the ignition key works. This is the case with many cars as it might have been replaced and the door key subsequently lost. My plan is to replace the other locks by those on the '83 IF I can get 'em all to function.
JT

all right, let me post on another spot if anyone has a keying kit for same..
since you got the locks out, look on the right door lock-SHOULD BE a stamped code on them.
--Shiva--
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

I have 'em in my hand and the damned stamping is too fine for me to read even with reading glasses and magnifying glass.
However, the right housing is different from the left and I suspect there's been some monkeying around going on.
I have a parts car in the country and will retrieve those locks next week. There's a good chance that they're all the same since the car only had 115K on it...
JT
On Mon, 13 Apr 2009 00:03:05 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire

look on the tail piece as well, might be stamped there. I find I have to take a brass brush to some, by hand to clean the crap so its readable.

that might be ok, or not- no clues yet

I got a guy saying he might have a new set of locks too, we shall see. He is in PA.
--Shiva--
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

I'm already in trouble... I misplaced the RH lock.
Anyway, I went down to the "big time" Austin locksmith today to have a duplicate key made. Cost a whoppin' $6! Whatever happened to them thar' 99 specials???
<G>
I won't be working much on the Hondas this week as I am cleaning up two (new to me) c/k fenders to go on the Power Hawk.
OTOH, I do have the '83 Honda's driver's door/gas door locksets that are working. If I get a chance, I'll pull one of the locks on the '82 and send it up to you to make a key. Then I can try it in the remaining locks.
Send your address to: jetassoc at worldnet dot att dot net.
Thanks,
JT
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 00:11:26 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire

ROFL... I got blanks that COST ME $12 each , and these are NOT any fancy heads or electronics in the head-just regular blanks..
know of 1 Ford thats $150 selling price, and a Chrysler at $300 plus required programming, and THEN we go HIGH.
--Shiva--
On Tue, 14 Apr 2009 01:59:32 +0100, snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

PULL THE RIGHT DOOR LOCK!!!!!!!!!!!! forgot to tell you that
--Shiva--
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

Well, I pulled the one on the '83 but already I've mislaid it.
Won't get to the '82 (the to be daily driver) 'till sometime next week. I do have the gas door lock of it though... and it should be the same as the door(s) and hatch.
JT
On Fri, 17 Apr 2009 02:28:42 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire

guy called me today, was worried he was slow getting back to me (grin) has a pinning kit and 'some' locks, he says, is still digging thru his collection of OLD car stuff.. he in PA , BTW.. we discussed which key you got..
AND FWIW, on my 92, the gas cap lock has NOTHING in it, other than the key shape- no pins or wafers.. so its useless to make a key from it.
--Shiva--
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

I stopped by the local locksmith on Thursday with the lock from the '82 gas door. Turns out that it's hosed and an uncut blank will open it..
JT
On Sun, 19 Apr 2009 03:17:27 GMT, Grumpy AuContraire

NOPE, its CORRECT... my Ford is same way as is MOST older foreign.
--Shiva--
snipped-for-privacy@notanywhere.net wrote:

Hence my policy of stopping at the 1983 model year for Honda Civics...
a) No computer
b) No PCV valve
c) No "Check Engine" light
Everything operational on these cars is "old school."
JT