champ question

Did any of the 3/4 ton Champ pickups have the three on the tree?

DGH

Reply to
doug holverson

Transtar60

I ordered the production order for a '64 8E 3/4-ton that I was interested in. It was built as a three speed (later converted to a five-speed od) so I assume it was a column shift. FWIW I like the stance of the 3/4-ton Champ- sits up higher and has bigger wheels/tires. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

All the spec books show a three-speed (w/column shift) being the standard equipment transmission for 1/2 and 3/4 ton pickups. You certainly don't see many 3/4 tons equipped that way though.

Reply to
jdwain