Staying retired in Florida

I got a real nice email from the Swede saying thanks but no thanks on my 38. I kind of figured that and almost breathed a sigh of relief. Maybe in a couple years I might put it on the market with a realistic price, but for now I hope to start enjoying it. I searched for quite a while to find a driveshaft; was about to give up and have a custom one built and one fell in my lap. That was a sign to keep the car for a while and enjoy it. Just last week I was doing some "concoctin" about a stereo and possibly AC. The AC will wait a little while, but the stereo is a MUST. I will end up trying a voltage inverter and some sort of isolation box and will use a beat up old stereo as a "guinea pig". Got to have tunes before serious cruisin'... but this is one car that I won't chop the dash on! Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

WHAT???!!! No cut off wheel to violate THE THIRTY-EIGHT???

YOU BIG WUSS!

Reply to
Georgia Studebaker

Hmm...now that you mention it, I could get an extra center dash piece and "modify" it...plenty of room....don't need the ashtray or control head for the original radio... Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

The cheapest/easiest way is to get a portable Boom Box with Remote, CD-Changer, and just set it up on the back seat. (use your inverter for power) I bought a $99 Panasonic that sounds great in our Hawk. A little more expense to get an inverter for 6-to-12V or 120V. Stow in the trunk when away from the car.

Ray

Studebaker George wrote:

Reply to
Studeman

BTDT too, but the boom box would NOT hold a station worth a poop even though it was a nice one. There are actually a couple stations here worth listening to. When I drive (by myself) I like the music loud and clear, be it the radio or a CD. I switch back and forth a lot. Satellite radio is next for the Hawk, which will be doing the long trips. The dash on it has already been "sacrificed" to the gods of zip wheels and in dash stereos. To me there is nothing like jumping into one of my Studes and letting the stereo rip while cruisin' down the road...doesn't matter how bad the day was, it fades away real fast. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George