Difflock.com ... Bigging them up. ;)

Ordered the U/J Propshaft nut tool from them a few days ago but next day got an email from them saying they will be late delivering them as they currently had no stock. Anyway, the tool didn't arrive soon enough for me and I did the job without it (again!) which was obviously awkward going.

Anyway, they've just phoned me up and said the chap who makes them is away on an expedition in Africa and they won't have any more stock until mid-April. I still want the tool, so left it on back order and then thought "That's the first time, in a long time, that any company's got back to me to explain and even ask if I want to cancel the order!."

I guess their 'excuse' could be a line, but wtf, they called me before I called them and they sounded genuine, so, big up for Difflock.com, good service deserves a little praise. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

I have always had good service from the few things ive ordered from them in the past, which included one of those tools.

If you wanna borrow it paul for when it breaks again, let me know and ill post it up to you.

Ill be placing an order for lots of oil soon from them. Im gonna give their Evo oil a chance in the box's and diffs.

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Cheers mate, but I've done it now and (fingers crossed) hopefully it won't go again for a while at least and the one I've ordered should be here by then. That's all four UJ's done in the last 18 months, so if they only last 1/4 that time (111000 miles) I'll be happy enough. ;)

LOL, I so nearly did that as well. Let us all know how you get on with it, guinea pig stylee. ;)

Reply to
Paul - xxx

Paul and Mark Hi,

They also sell an nice looking kit for making oil change a simple, clean and easy task.

I have NOT used it myself but a good friend here in Greece has fitted it and he now changes the engine oil on a regular basis himself.

It is one of the things that I plan on buying quite soon, so now with the discussion for Difflock it was a good opportunity to say something about it.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Yeah, the difflock drain plug.

Its a tad on the expensive side mind...

Ive got quite good at estimating where the oil will reach and moving the container along the floor as it slows :)

Reply to
Mark Solesbury

Hi Pantelis,

I use one of the Difflock sump plugs - not cheap but well worth the money. It makes changing the oil a breeze .. no more guessing how far the howling gale blowing under the car will push the oil away from the container :-)

Reply to
SteveG

no problem you just need a collector that fits inside your overall sleeve cos when it goes titsup thats were the oil seems to migrate to. :-) Derek

Reply to
Derek

ROTFL :-))

Reply to
SteveG

LOL !!!!!

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

Steve thanks for the input.

There are so many things that we buy without having a true reason for doing so. I guess spending a few pounds on making the oil change easier and therefore more frequent is worth it.

Take care Pantelis

Reply to
Pantelis Giamarellos

LOL