Studebaker fan, e-mail

Feel free to e-mail him

This e-mail is from Dr. Ron Hunter Shepherdstown,WV P.O. Box 731 zip

25443 Please take time to view my web sites
last
have 23 cars today everything from a DMC-12 Delorean to a factory built Mustang GT mule that has a blower of the 1957 T-Bird on it. Worked for Ford as a Sr. Construction mgr. This is my Lark story time 1960 my Dad said that I could have a new car had made it out of high school. Went tru 5 cars and about 50 ?Girls? in school. He said get a new Chev. 348 4-speed conv. White with red interior. No I had to have a red 2-door hardtop V8 259 3-speed, tried to get the factory to put in a 289 with a 4-speed they did on the 1960 hawk only. But was happy to have a four barrel with dual- exhaust system, 3:73 gear. The car was sold tru the Buick dealer he sold Studebakers also. Then started to work on the Lark the very first week, the blower came off a 1957 Golden hawk had one of those also. But the lark would run out of ?GAS? @ 93.05 miles per hr. this was in second gear. Worked to re-placed two-barrel carb. with a new box and four barrel. Did other things to the car it did run very fast tru the ¼ mile had to run a GAS Class. This was in Memphis,TN. In summer of 1960. The factory did help me out, was 18 at the time but my family said he will kill himself. 46 years later work as a Sr. Building Plans Examiner&College level teacher. The Lark later lost ground to the 413?s on the street. But the Lark for over 3-years eat every body?s lunch. Was in the Navy on Submarines, one day in the ship yard looked over in the Machine Shop bay and saw all these?Blowers? asked the machinist what they were going to due with them, they used them on the Air Scrubber system and they used a elec. motor to power the Blowers, after 2,000 hrs. into the junk pile. So every body from then on had a Blower on there car. Go on line and read about SS 589, and SS 574 these were Subs in Subron 4 out of Charleston, SC thanks for looking after these cars. I save old cars, old planes, old Art-Deco buildings. Yours, Ron Hunter 5026

snipped-for-privacy@ibts.org

Reply to
John Poulos

Weird. I have lived four miles from Shepherdstown for 25 years and I never heard of the guy. He sure rambles and the websites are strange. He has one called Shepherd State University and it is just a bunch of unrelated links (like to a hotel in Israel). Shepherd University is in Shepherdstown, but it isn't called Shepherd State University. I may contact him just for curiosity. Paul

Reply to
Paul Johnson

Obviously got his PhD in Bullshit.

Lee