Studebaker fountain in South Bend park

Back in 1906, J. M. Studebaker built a rather large fountain in Howard Park in South Bend. I was born and raised in SB, and lived there for 25 years, I don't remember ever seeing it. Does anyone know if the fountain still exists? How about what happened to it? If it is gone, my guess is that it went with the old cannons to the scrap drive in WWII. Any history on it would be appreciated.

Reply to
kw60hawk

See the reply to the info request you posted on the SDC forum.

"kw60hawk" wrote...

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Hi! I was at the Studebaker National Museum at the last swap, when you first walk in, to the left is the Northern Indiana Center for History. I saw something about the fountain hanging on the wall before you go in. There was a postcard picture of it and it said it was dismantled along time ago, but the basin was still there being used as a flower planter. Someone got some of the pieces of it but the museum has one the bronze turtles. Hope this helps!

Reply to
john64stude

Thanks for the info, I figured that it no longer existed. I'll have to go check out the basin the next time I get up there.

Reply to
kw60hawk