Think Stude engines are pricy?

How about this; a 1929 Duesenberg Model J engine.

I thought that NOS R3 engine went for big bucks! Apparently youdidn't charge enough Mr. Johnson...Matthew

Reply to
mbstude

Studebaker George

Sorry Matthew, but we can't make it to Brunswick. I am HOPING that this week will be the week that the old house is finally sold and I can breathe a little (no..a LOT!) easier. Other than your little visit, this has been a ROUGH summer. I am planning on going to the Florida State Meet, however. Studebaker George

Reply to
Studebaker George

Matthew, You're probably right. I tend to buy high and sell low. Actually, for a Duesy that's pretty cheap. A Greater Virginia Chapter member used to work for an old bachelor Chrysler dealer who, with his dad, had amassed quite a car collection including several Duesenbergs. They auctioned a couple of the cars for more than one million each and they had an old burlap bag of supercharger parts that sold for $275,000. Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

> And I thought that NOS R3 engine went for big bucks! Apparently you> > didn't charge enough Mr. Johnson...>

Reply to
mbstude

It's a matter of perspective.......from my side I think I bought well and Paul made out well. Now if I could just get the darn thing rebuilt, I'd get it installed in my Avanti!

Reply to
HNCadet

No.

-- wf.