Toss or save?

I was getting out the winter things in the garage this morning, i.e., snow shovels, snow blower, roof rake, etc. and came across a Studebaker rear bumper that I pulled off a'60 Lark 4-dr sedan that was parted out a couple years ago. It has the typical rust belt acne, worst on the bottom face not so bad on the top face. It is amazingly straight with just a few waves along the bottom edge. So what to do with it? Is there any need to save cores for '60 Lark bumpers in this condition? There is container for recycling metal items at the local recycling center and I'm trying to decide if it should join the two 64~66 used rusty & damaged hoods that are heading that way. I really hate to throw anything "Studebaker" away, but don't want to have it sitting around collecting dust for the next twenty years. Toss or save?

Reply to
Dan Peterson

I see a lot of '59-'60 Larks at shows, with front bumpers on the rear. Apparently the supply of front bumpers (with license plate holes), were in greater supply. Put an ad on Studebakerswap. Even donating it to a good home, sure beats the recycle bin. I had a '60 bumper on my '64 and nobody noticed the wings weren't there on the ends. Curve was identical.

Reply to
keith_kichefski