Weather Question (ot)

OK, Here's one for you weather guru's or engineers....

Is there a minimum distance for one raindrop to be from another raindrop? Is there a maximum size for a raindrop? Or, how densely can raindrops be packed during rainfall?

Inquiring minds want to know... Jeff (Someone once inquired about my mind, and asked me where it was..) Rice

Reply to
Jeff Rice

Not that I could find

"Rain drops vary in size from about 0.02 in. (0.5 mm) to as much as 0.33 in. (8 mm) in thunderstorms."

Reply to
John Poulos

When I was a kid I thought when you have a 3" rain is when the drops are

3" apart.
Reply to
l.d.

Thanks. That answered one of the questions. How about the rest?

No, I didn't get wet. or flooded, or anything... Jeff

"Grumpy AuContraire" wrote..

Reply to
Jeff Rice

You were on the west (subsiding) side of the storm.

JT

Jeff Rice wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire