Weekend follies.

Friday morning, I awoke to find a foot of fresh, wet snow on the ground, with deeper drifts in spots. I was still getting over a cold, so I just gazed out the window at it all.

Saturday, I felt a bit better, and went out and fired up the International tractor, and plowed snow with the loader bucket. I also managed to scrape a few inches of gravel off the driveway in places, so now I have large heaps of gravel in many places. Looks like a scene from Attack of the Killer Moles. :>) I also used a hand shovel to clear snow from the paved parking pad by my house.

Today, I unhitched the car trailer from my Suburban, and parked it in a safe, dry place. I'd used the trailer to haul a '41 Stude from Bellingham to Portland, where I was able to make a nice profit on reselling it.

Then I unloaded the other parts and ramps, binders, etc. from the Suburban and put 'em in the garage. Took my hand shovel and scraped most of the rapidly-melting snow away from the dooryard of my garage, and fired up the old Flxible motorcoach and moved it so that area could get full sun in the morning. I even used a shop vac to dry up a bunch of snow-melt puddles. I'm hoping this will give me a dry area immediately outside the shop doors, so I can work outside. The remainder of the yard will need a week to dry, unless the wind picks up. It was still and warm today, partially sunny, too.

Gord Richmond

Reply to
Gordon Richmond

Gord, I hope you are done with Snow for this season. I know we have had a lot more cold weather later in the year than we are used to.......

We finally got warm enough weather to work outside without heavy coats and gloves. I have a scrap dumpster coming to recycle all the accumulated metal I have been... accumulating. Nick and I are learning about car construction by destruction. We cut up the Eagle I bought for a donor engine. The friggin driveline on that beast was 7 feet from the fan to the back of the transfer case! Car didn't seem to be much over 13 feet long. Cut up most of the 91 buick - still have to pull engine and gas tank on that one. Cut up most of the 54 champion sedan.

Anybody need a V6 cyl Buick engine/tranny from a 91? It was running great when Nick totalled the car. Not good to pull in front of a speeding truck.

MD

Reply to
Mark Dunning

was able to

put 'em in

away from the

doors, so I

the wind picks

Thanks again for the license plates!!!!!!!!! The check is in the mail!

Reply to
oldcarfart