What's Wrong With This Avanti?

Is the lack of carpet the only thing keeping down the ids on this Avanti, or do you folks know something the seller's not telling?

1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&viewitem=&item0160564267&rd=1

Reply to
zoombot

Too early for real bidding to start. Nice rust free floors though (G)

ErnieR

Aug 19, 9:44 am, snipped-for-privacy@cox.net wrote:

Reply to
Big E

I'm not bidding until he tells me about the hog troughs and frame. The car is from RI, 3-4 winters and the car is trash up there.

Big E wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

That would be my concern too. It looks like pretty heavy rust on what you can see (like rear springs). Paul Johnson

Reply to
Paul Johnson

tells me about the hog troughs and frame. The car

There might be a secondary reason not related to the car. The economy: I went into work Thursday only to find that my company completely collasped and I am now looking for work.

Reply to
bob m

The economy only affect working folks, I've had a very good year on ebay, but many of my cars have sold to ebay'ers with big bank accounts. If anything, the market is up again, but if it's gets soft, I'll buy a few cars.

bob m wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

Well, I will have a few for sale soon! There is always plenty of money around, just it never seems to come my way!

Reply to
bob m

What city do you live in Bob? lou

Reply to
Larkylou

Tucson Arizona.

Reply to
bob m

Well, the listing has been pulled.

The only two Avanti(s) that I know of in RI are owned by former dealers and are low mileage garage kept specimens. BTW, they are 1964 R1.

I haven't heard that either is for sale though...

JT

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

tells me about the hog troughs and frame. The car

Mortgage company?

JT

(One shuttered Thursday here in Austin with the loss of around two hundred jobs)

Reply to
Grumpy AuContraire

OK, I lost interest, someone bid it to the 17K reserve, silly money.

John Poulos wrote:

Reply to
John Poulos

he tells me about the hog troughs and frame. The car

Exactly Right Mortgage bank. No advance warning for the workers. I opened my newspaper and the headline was company stopped business. Went to computer and accessed outlook for the company and CEO sent message out at 349am that day was our last day. 6000 people nationwide out of work.

Reply to
bob m