01 Outback cam position sensor, RIP

My year of fun with my 01 Outback continues.

At 108k now, after the $2400 of preventive maintenance fun at 102k (hoses, all belts including timing, water pump, 4 new premium rotors, new pads, battery), followed by $1800 of fun last month at 107k (head gasket, rebuilt heads both sides including all new seals, plus catalytic converter), car started running like crap in the hot weather again this weekend, missing and stumbling around 3500rpm. Finally a CEL came on indicting cam position sensor out of range.

$70 part and some labor and all is ostensibly well again.

Gotta hand it to Subaru -- as soon as my extended warranty expired at

100k that's when the shit started hitting the fan. I keep hoping this crap will stop and I'll quietly get another 90k out of the car. :-)

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.