Outback 2005 v. 2004

Hi, is there much difference between the 2004 and 2005 versions of the 2.5 lt. ? We're thinking about buying a 2004 demonstrator but wonder if it's worth holding out for the 2005 when it's released in a couple of months here in New Zealand.

Reply to
debtay

Yes. 2005 is the begging of the next generation.

The 2000-2004 generations were all pretty similar. 2005 is quite a bit different. Lots of new engine options also, at least here in the US.

I still love my 01, so that 04 will treat ya well I'm sure. But, if you want more pep out of your engine, you might enjoy the turbo option on an 05 (marketed as an Outback XT here I think), but you'll have to get out your checkbook for the price difference.

Best Regards,

-- Todd H.

Todd H.

Maybe it would be worthwhile to consider getting an '04 OBW with a bigger engine than the 2.5 ltd.?

Reply to
smt

There is little comparison...check out the review links posted on my web site for your research pleasure :-)

-KarenM-

Karen Martin

I've looked at the new one, and you can tell they are working hard to try to move the Subaru name up on the scale. Everything about the new one seems much nicer, and in fact it is light years ahead of my 1995.

-Matt

Reply to
Hallraker