2001 Legacy L Wagon

I'm considering buying a used 2001 Legacy L wagon from an established dealer in Indianapolis, IN. Currently, the dealer actually has the vehicle listed on eBay. It has just over 90K miles on the odometer, and seems to be in decent shape as per the listing. As I live only

100 miles from Indy, I'm seriously considering inspecting and driving the vehicle prior to possibly placing a bid. It's a one owner car according to Carfax, and the Carfax report didn't flag any problems.

Is there anything I should be suspect or worry about with a Legacy with 90K miles on the clock? This car would be for my daughter who recently graduated from college and is in an internship. She actually wants a small wagon! Obviously, my concerns includes the automatic transmission, as well as the other mechanicals.

Any input would be appreciated.

Tnx, Don

Reply to
Don

The 105,000 mile service requires a timing belt change and usually a water pump at a minimum which can run 400-650 dollars depending on labor charges. I did mine for about $160 using OEM parts but, it is not an easy job if you have little or no experience.

Reply to
Edward Hayes

My car has 105k on it. I had service done on it for all belts and fluids, including all 4 pad sets and rotors to be replaced, battery, timing belt tensioner. The bill was $2200.

I plan to drive this till it's dead but be advised you do have a car that's approaching a time where it's gonna need a lot of preventive maintenance.

Oh, and I'm probably due for struts and suspension wear items too....

I really do like the car though.

-- Todd H.

Todd H.