07 Impreza getting more comfy

Feels like my 2.5i is getting civilized, the ride isn't as harsh even over lumpy streets, Even with raising the tire pressures a few psi above what is recommended. Shifting out of first is getting easier and quicker, and the seats aren't feeling as hard, and the lumbar area doesn't feel like it is sticking in my back. Have about 2800mi on it, and guess it is breaking in, being less hard or stiff.

I upped the tire pressures to try to improve mileage. Got 26 with mostly conservative highway driving with the AC off, with lower pressures. With the AC on and mixed driving, and not very conservative, I only got 22mpg. Think I had some miles on the tank when I upped the tire pressures. Have to give it a good test with no changes, and see what it can do with the AC on, then in the fall with it off.

VF

Reply to
houndman

Makes little difference, yes. That's because when AC is on, windows are up and there is no drag. When AC is off, windows are open.

Not true. On my cars (Impreza 93 and Forester 02), when AC is off, the AC is off. True, it makes absolutely no difference whether AC is set to the max cooling or somewhere intermediate - it still works full cycle. But that does not mean it works when it does not.

DK

Reply to
DK

Don't always have to have the windows open when the AC is off. I always have it cracked the same amt, except on the highway, because of wind noise.

He probably sees the compressor pulley turning when the AC is off, and thinks the compressor is turning. He has to look at the center hub.

VF

Reply to
houndman

If you live in Kansas definitely. Your statement is more accurate on a flat road, than driving up a long steep hill. It makes sense to turn the ac button off when climbing to save fuel.

Reply to
polecanoe