16" tires on an STi?

I'm thinking of an Sti, but it would have to be on the road in winter. For that, I am addicted to Blizzaks. The STi comes with 17" wheels, will the 16" rims from a std Subbie fit over the Brembo calipers?

Any problems with this fitment?

Philip

Reply to
Philip Procter

I am not sure for certain, but when I was looking at Brembo Brakes on line it says specifically that you need a minimum of 17" rims for them to fit on the standard WRX. That of course, is for after market and not the ones that come stock for the STI, but I don't see there being any difference between them.

DropZone01

Reply to
DropZone01

Yep - big problems. The stock 17 inchers themselves just baaaaaarely clear the brembos. There's about 1/8 of an inch clearance on the outside, and from the spoke to the caliper, about another 1/8 of an inch. That means that not only do you need a 17" or bigger wheel, but even the spoke design of many 17 inchers provide insufficient clearance.

Reply to
Patrick Fisher