1992 SVX AWD Not Working?

Hi,

My daughter bought a '92 SVX LSI last summer and has driven it 8000 miles with no major problems.

We just had the first snowstorm of the season here in the northeast and the car did very poorly in snow - worse than a normal FWD car.

today when I was shoveling, I decided to move it up the driveway a bit which has a sight incline. There were two small patches of snow under the front tires, but clear sailing ahead. The car would not move an inch and only the front tires were spinning.

there is no fuse in the FWD holder in the fusebox. The FWD light is not on - all normal. Anyone have an idea why it would seem to be fine but have no AWD action?

Reply to
Ralph

IIRC, there's a fuse that must be ABSENT for AWD to work.

And when AWD is functioning, the power split is definitely not 50-50, so you can anticipate that one pair of wheels will spin first. However, if the fronts spin and the rears don't begin moving the car, I'd look at that fuse. Sorry - can't recall which one.

Reply to
HLE