1996 Impreza shakes in the fron end when doing low-speed maneuvers

This happens in 1st gear when turning into or coming out of a parking space. The wheel is not turned really sharp, just enough to turn into a space from a perpendicular position.

There is a shaking in the front end when making these turns and it only seems to happen at very low speed with maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 turn on the steering wheel. There is no noise that I can hear, but I can feel it in the clutch pedal and the front wheels.

Any ideas? Could it be a knuckle or something in an axle shaft? The car just turned over 100,000 miles. I have owned it about 2 months.

TIA

Reply to
oothlagre

This happens in 1st gear when turning into or coming out of a parking space. The wheel is not turned really sharp, just enough to turn into a space from a perpendicular position.

There is a shaking in the front end when making these turns and it only seems to happen at very low speed with maybe a 1/4 to 1/2 turn on the steering wheel. There is no noise that I can hear, but I can feel it in the clutch pedal and the front wheels.

Any ideas? Could it be a knuckle or something in an axle shaft? The car just turned over 100,000 miles. I have owned it about 2 months.

TIA

Reply to
John C