1996 Legacy Outback

I have a 1996 Outback and I'm getting a thumping in the front as if it's a bad bearing or CV Joint. I changed the CV joint and bearings are ok but the problem continues. The problem is non-existent in reverse and only occurs when going forward. My next step is to check the transmission but really wouldn't know where to start other than taking the car to a transmission shop. Anyone have any ideas or suggestions?

Reply to
Elmo4658

Have you checked the swaybar bushings and end links?

Reply to
johninKY