95 Corolla shakes at 50-65mph only when I accelerate...

:!: When I go between 45mph to 65mph my whole car shakes - not just the steering wheel but the whole freakin car. Also, when I brake at the same speeds my steering is a little squirly.

I went to the tire guy who suggested I rotate the wheels. He pointed out a bent rim. I replaced it and nothing happened.

Puh-leez help with some info. I use my car for work and I don?t want to loose control on the freeway.

Thanks, Joel

Reply to
JoelG

Could you please clarify between when you are accelerating or driving any speed between 45 and 65. If the steering wheel "shimmies" during braking it is usually an indication of warped brake rotors. The year built, model, mileage, and recent repair history is helpful as well.

Reply to
user

JoelG opin'd thus:

Call Click and Clack the Tappet Brothers, and they will tell you if your steering shakes, take it to someone who KNOWS about car steering, like your TOYOTA dealer, and have it repaired.

And that is what I suggest now; something like that could be dangerous and you want someone besides your "tire guy" to diagnose and repair the problem properly.

Reply to
Don Fearn

It is difficult to diagnose a vibration or noise without experiencing it firsthand.

Things that can cause vibration or shaking when accelerating are a problem with the tires, improperly mounted wheels, improperly torqued lug nuts, badly warped rotors and/or drums, wheel bearing and/or hub problems, ball joint problems, rack end problems, bad motor and/or transmission mounts, strut and/or shock absorber problems, alignment problems, and axle/CV joint problems.

I recommend taking the car to a competent technician or Toyota dealer for diagnosis and repair.

Reply to
Ray O

From your description I would suggest having it towed to a repair shop. You don't want to cause an accident driving it.

Dan