1997 Subaru Outback

Looking at getting this rig, however, there is a slight tick in the engine, particular when you rev it up.

Is this something I should be concerned with?

160kms and timing belt changed.
Reply to
Devils Advocate

Depends, it could be valve or injector noise (not major causes for concern) or a wrist pin or rod on its way out (bad). Best to pay a small fee to have a local shop or appraiser check it out for you.

Reply to
mulder

IMHO if the tick goes away when the engine warms up it might be okay. If it stays the same or gets worse I would definitely have someone look at it before making the purchase.

Reply to
Sheldon